- Tossing railroad spikes to slow down enemies
- Cloth is a parachute or a sail
- Smack people with it
- Dowser to lead you to stuff
- Smoke bomb for escape/distraction
- Put in a bunch of wooden planks and it’ll make a ladder, stairs, or escalator
- Brick – increases smacking power
- Glue – enemy sticks to the bindle and you can swing them around
- If it’s food, make it honey?
- Matches – set stuff on fire or make explosions
- Fire - explosion
- Magnet to disarm cops, trap bullets, find other tools
- Car battery is an upgrade to the magnet
- Food is less damage on falls – specific food does specific things?
- Bacon – befriend dogs
- Pepper to blind people
- TNT or dynamite for explosions
- Pigeons to carry you away (James and the Giant Peach)
- Poison ivy
- Lice (but sarah says no) – if an enemy touches another enemy, it spreads
- Soap – use the bubbles to slip and surf away
- Cheese – repels enemies (passively?) but attracts bigger and bigger mice/rats
- Gets smellier and smellier and rats start following you more and more
- When you reach a certain level, the giant rats will attack
- But if you get rid of it/throw it at someone, the rats will attack the one you threw it at
- What if it gets so smelly that townspeople and even some hobos are repelled?
- Whoopee cushion – doesn’t really do anything just makes people embarrassed
If you put something in it, does it become something?
Examples: spade head to make a shovel
Every now and then the bindle gets a permanent upgrade?
Each item upgrades when you use it enough
- Brick turns into a cinderblock or an anvil
- Magnet turns into a car battery
Put parts of something in the bindle, shake it up, makes something new
- Dynamite + matches?
- Make bombs?
- Dynamite + ice = ice or smoke bomb
- Pepper + dynamite = blind everyone within a certain radius
- Fireflies + glass jar = flash grenade
- Pigeon-guided missiles
- Soap + sponge = defeat the dirty beard guy
Problems: player needs to predict what it’s gonna combine into
Can only keep a few items in your bindle
Two or three?
Unlock spaces in the bindle?
In the beginning of the game – “you must learn to use this bindle!”
Is it a glowing object that you can pick up or can you pick up anything?
Can hold more stuff as time goes on – like a piano
What if the bindle is like its own character and has a personality – magic carpet
Have to plan what you want before you go into a fight
For a puzzle, there are items in the quest to help you with that particular puzzle so if you don’t have the tools in your bindle, you can still complete the puzzle
Winnable puzzles even if you don’t have the tools in your bindle, but way more difficult
What symbol is drawn on the outside can affect the contents?
But limit the symbols so you can control the game
Giant invisible troll – gotta cover it with powder or paint so you can see it to defeat it
Hobo betrays the hobos and becomes a cop
Tramps – bad guys
Magic corrupting animals and stuff?
Evil hobo that controls his beard hair – Groot style
Hates beard oil
Have to defeat these legendary hobos in order for them to acknowledge and help you?
Defeat corrupted hobos and bring them back to normal so they become your friends
Looked at psychonaut – crooked features and shapes (kind of Tim Burton-esque)
As you go through the game you gain psychic abilities – hobo powers in this case
Tie ours to relics so it’s tangible?
Is he special or is he special because of the bindle?
Big rock candy mountain is actually the Rockies but ours can be made of candy
What if the little kid sets out on a journey to find his older brother because his older brother skipped town and now his mom is sick and this older brother could help cure her sickness because of some kind of hobo magic? So the kid goes on a journey to try and find him. Starts off at big rock candy mountain and has to take the Westbound cuz he finds out his brother died or something. And it turns out his brother is the one corrupting everyone!! Like Darth Vader
Hoboland being *corrupted? Naturally being overrun?
*corrupted as in possessed by some supernatural power
Alice in Wonderland
Goes into Hobo-world, but can’t come back because the world is “wrong” or is very dangerous and threatening
Protag has to put things right in order to come back
Evil hobo wants to make everyone hobos
Protag has to stop the evil hobo before he destroys the homes and she won’t have a home to go home to
A threat to the hobo lifestyle? The cops are called “bulls” so they’re kind of like minotaurs
The bulls are taking the hobo magic in order to rid the world of hobos
Something is turning hobos bad so the cops are trying to get rid of hobos but the hobos aren’t bad because they want to be – so the protag has to un-corrupt the hobos and save hobos everywhere
Have good and bad hobos like PotC?
Teleportation tarps - a tarp has a special symbol on it and you can use it to teleport (like the Mario pipes)